What Can Parents Do To encourage student reading?
- Show your children that reading is important to you
- Model good reading habits. Turn off the TV and tablets when reading
- Having plenty of reading materials at home
- Making time to read as a family
- Designate an hour a day just for books
- Participate in reading programs at the public library or visit the public library once a week.
- When preparing for vacation, buy books about your destination and read them together
The program provides access to information and ideas for all users. It affords opportunities for students to appreciate literature and the cultural arts, to learn creative thinking, to become critical seekers of information and ideals and to use instructional and educational technology effectively so they may become independent life-ling learners and decision makers.
BoxTops for Education
Start sending in those boxtops! Check your pantry and your closets for products with boxtops and send them in as soon as possible. To find a list of products with boxtops, to enter boxtop bonus contests and to find grocery coupons, check out the official website at www.boxtops4education.com.